Magento Training Migration: Thank you for your interest in registering for a Magento U course during the Magento Training Migration period (June 26 – July 9). Please complete the Course Registration Inquiry Form to begin the process. Once you submit this form, a member of our Customer Engagement team will reach out to you with additional details. If you have any other questions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Experienced Magento backend developers (minimum one year of experience) who wish to evaluate their readiness for the Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer exam, identify knowledge gaps, and receive exercises that provide an opportunity to gain targeted hands-on practice.
Minimum 1 year, ideally 18 months or more, of broad Magento backend developer experience. Developers who don’t fully meet these prerequisites may have difficulty completing each session’s exercises in only one week, but will likely still benefit from the study group.
This study group workshop series (“study group”) is intended to help experienced Magento backend developers prepare for the Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer exam.
Note: This study group does not provide all the knowledge and skills needed to pass the exam, which can only be acquired from on-the-job Magento experience. A minimum of 18 months’ experience is suggested before taking the Professional exam, though this study group workshop series can help shorten that process.
The study group consists of an 11-week series of live group sessions with an instructor, where each week a different topic section from the Professional Developer certification exam is covered. During each session, the instructor will first review the solutions to the (optional) homework exercises from the previous week. Next, the instructor will introduce a new section of the exam “blueprint” to detail the type of knowledge that will be tested for a particular topic section. Sample exam questions will also be provided. Finally, the instructor will present the (optional) homework exercises for the week.
The process repeats itself weekly for 11 weeks to cover 10 topic areas. Students can join the 10-week “course” at any point, as the workshop series cycle repeats itself all year.
This course is based on Magento Open Source 2.2 and Magento Commerce 2.2.
- Gain an understanding of what the Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer (backend) exam covers
- Gauge your readiness for scoring sufficiently well in each area of the exam
- Identify key knowledge gaps
- Acquire final preparation tips
- Perform hands-on exercises to gain additional hands-on practice applicable to topic areas covered on the Professional Developer exam
Note: Students wishing to prepare for the Magento 2 Certified Associate Developer exam should instead take the Magento 2 Development Essentials course.
The study group workshop series will provide:
- The list of topics covered on the Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer exam (our advanced level backend Magento 2 developer certification)
- An explanation of the type and depth of information you must understand to perform well on questions for each exam topic area
- An explanation of some of the noteworthy changes from Magento 1.x to Magento 2.x
- A small number of realistic sample questions
- Question and answer sessions with a Magento instructor/Magento developer who has already passed the exam
- An understanding of which areas you personally need to work on to pass
- Tips and advice for preparing for and taking the exam
- Exercises targeted to each topic for you to gain additional hands-on practice for each exam topic area
Note: Knowledge required to pass the Professional Developer certification can only be obtained over months or years of hands-on Magento experience. This workshop is primarily to help you understand if you’re ready to take the exam, and what you need to work on to complete your preparation.
- 1. Magento Architecture & Customization Techniques, Part 1
- 2. Magento Architecture & Customization Techniques, Part 2
- 3. Request Flow Processing
- 4. Customizing the Magento UI
- 5. Working with Databases in Magento
- 6. Using the Entity-Attribute-Value (EAV) Model
- 7. Developing with Adminhtml
- 8. Customizing the Catalog
- 9. Customizing the Checkout Process
- 10. Sales Operations; Customer Management