Free “How To” Videos
Magento U has published a library of free basic short “How To” videos to help anyone learn to use the world’s most flexible commerce solution.
And we aren’t finished - We invite you to join us! It’s an opportunity to earn Magento swag, a chance to support the Community of users, and a great way to promote your name in the Magento-verse.
The videos in the Free Video Library are categorized into the following roles and topics so that you can easily find videos well suited to your needs.
- Business Users, including Content Managers and Sales & Marketing professionals
- Front End
- System Administrators
- General Help
Did you say badges?
Yes we did.
Magento U will reward you with Professor Points based on your contributions to the Library and helping others in the Community to learn Magento. Your Professor Points can be redeemed for Magento swag and Community Forum Badges:
- 1 Professor Point for each Magento U student question that you answer in the Community forum
- 5 Professor Points for each of your videos that is published in the library
- At 25 Professor Points you get a special Magento T-shirt
- At 50 Professor Points you get a “Community Professor” badge on the forum
- It’s your choice how you earn points; it can be all question answers, all videos, or a combination
- More awesome swag options will be added as we all work to grow the Library
Follow the steps and links below to contribute your own short “How To” videos to the Free Video Library!
- Review the Guidance PDF. It covers important instructions and checklists. Follow our guidance to have the best possible chance of getting your video published in the Free Video Library.
- Follow the Guidelines to plan, outline, and create your video that shows and explains how to complete a task in Magento. Wondering what topic to start on? Click HERE to view our most up-to-date list of suggested topics.
- Sign the Contributor Agreement
- After logging into the Free Video Library from your Magento Account, upload your video using the “+” button next to your name in the upper right corner and follow the instructions on the screen.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive a confirmation email after signing the Contributor Agreement, and after sending your URL to email@example.com.
Magento professionals will review all contributed videos for quality and accurate information. We will email you when your video is published and be in touch throughout the review process.