Developers who want an introduction to working with Magento and how development is done in Magento
Solid PHP development background, understanding of Composer and MySQL. OOP experience and understanding of key patterns (GoF, GRASP).
Recommended at least 2 years of development experience with PHP + MySQL + Apache/Nginx.
This limited free tutorial is intended for students getting started with development in Magento. First, it provides a general overview of Magento by introducing the Magento offerings, ecosystem, and how Magento is structured. Next, it covers how to install Magento. Finally, it provides an understanding of what it is like to develop on Magento by showing use cases of Magento customizations.
NOTE: This limited free tutorial doesn’t teach Magento development in depth. For students needing a full course on how to develop in Magento and/or for students seeking basic certification on Magento, please see our Magento 2 Development Essentials or Fundamentals of Magento 2 Development courses.
This course is based on Magento Open Source 2.3 and Magento Commerce 2.3.
- Learn about Magento offerings
- Understand the Magento ecosystem
- Understand Magento file organization and how to explore through the codebase
- Learn to install Magento and optional sample data
- Learn how new pages can be created in Magento
- Gain introductory understanding of the Magento development process and use cases