Developers who pass one of the exams can use the valued Magento Certified Developer credential in marketing their services. There are two exams in the Magento Certified Developer portfolio: Developer and Developer Plus.
A Magento Certified Developer can skillfully use all business processes in Magento, such as: Structure of catalog, indexes, promotions, price generation logic Architecture of checkout, payment/shipment methods, sales/order processing Advanced core knowledge — forms/grids full functionality, API, widgets, etc. A Certified Magento Developer can make design decisions on the code level, including how to parse data files, steps of import, data verification, logging (etc.)
The Magento Certified Developer Plus is skillful in the use of Magento Enterprise Edition and has delved into details of the structure of Magento that many have not often explored, but which can give someone an advantage when implementing a site using Magento.
ABOUT THE EXAM
- 72 Multiple Choice items (70 scored, 2 unscored)
- 90 minutes to complete the exam
- Based on Magento Community Edition 1.9
- 87 Multiple Choice items (85 scored, 2 unscored)
- 120 minutes to complete the exam
- Based on Magento Community Edition 1.9 and Magento Enterprise Edition 1.14
PREREQUISITES AND RESOURCES
- No prerequisites
- No hard-copy or online materials may be referenced during the exam
- We recommend Taking the Fundamentals of Magento Development course as a first step
- Hands-on experience
- Free Study Guides available for download